|Class Schedule, Fees & Curriculum|
Weekly group class schedule:
Please note: It is advisable to show up about 10 minutes before class to stretch out, since we will begin the intense circuit warm-up right at the beginning of class.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR NEW PEOPLE TRYING OUT THEIR FIRST CLASS:
- $15 per class drop-in fee or $85 for a monthly
membership. Please note that the monthly membership starts at the beginning
of each month, and allows you to attend all the Muay Thai kickboxing classes listed in the
schedule above. If you wish to start halfway into the month, the fee will be
Private sessions - $50 per hour for
one person or $80 per hour for two people ($40 each.) Sessions can take
place at the studio (depends on availability) or at your residence, in which case an additional charge
might apply depending on how far you live from the downtown core. Private
training is available in the following areas: Muay Thai kickboxing, western boxing,
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu/submission grappling, body conditioning and general self-defense. Or if you
wish to combine some of them, please inquire.
1. Circuit warm-up that includes skipping rope, running, push ups, abdominal exercises, squats and flexibility training.
2. Fundamentals of the fighting stance including balance, weight transfers, posture and body positioning.
3. Elements of western boxing including bobbing, weaving, slipping, parrying, jabs, crosses, hooks and uppercuts, and focus mitt training to develop timing and precision.
4. Mechanics of kicking, kneeing, elbowing and blocking.
5. Defensive and offensive maneuvers, including counterattacks.
6. Feinting, evasive footwork and angling.
7. Striking combinations and Thai pad training to develop power and cardiovascular endurance.
8. Heavy bag training to further develop power and cardiovascular endurance.
9. Conditioning exercises to toughen the body.
10. "Dirty" Self-defense training (check schedule regularly for upcoming workshops)